Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Great Article About Strength Training for Runners

Strength training is a very important part of my personal running style. I do many different exercises to help my upper body and core be a strong as possible. I usually start on Monday by doing some light work on the bench press. Do your body weight if possible 3 sets of 10-12 is good enough. If you don't go to a gym, you can always do push ups 75-100 daily will yield great results. After the bench press, move right into some core workouts.. Now for abs and obliques there are so many options in my opinion. I have found many "new" and useful exercises on Runnersworld.com

Here is a video that will illustrate some GREAT routines:



Also a great article from active.com that speaks to the idea of working out better than I can alone:

http://www.active.com/running/Articles/How-Strength-Training-Helps-Your-Run.htm?act=EMC-Active&Vehicle=Running&Date=02_16_10&Edition=1&Sections=Articles&Creative=5_Strength_Training_Exercises_You_Should_Do_Today&TextName=5_Strength_Training_Exercises_You_Should_Do_Today&ArtText=Txt&Placement=2&Dy=Tue

Well, I hope that the video, the article, and my ramblings help you to run stronger, faster, and enjoy running more. Good Luck and Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment